Strawberry & Asparagus Salad
What you need:
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces spring greens or mesclun mix
- 3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 14 spears asparagus, trimmed and sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler, slide the tips of the asparagus with a knife
- 6 tbsp fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- In a blender, add the avocado, green onions, orange juice, salt and pepper. Puree until you get a smooth puree. Taste and adjust the flavor with more salt and pepper if needed.
- In a large bowl, toss greens, strawberries and asparagus together. Transfer to individual plates, and drizzle with half the dressing. Top each salad with almonds and goat cheese and serve. Extra dressing will keep to two days refrigerated.
- I'm Lara Ritchie with Delicious by Davita. Cooking with the seasons means we are using ingredients when they are at the height of their flavor. Today's recipe is power packed! Strawberry Asparagus Salad with an Avocado & Orange Dressing gives us great flavor while we put more fruits & vegetables on our plate.
- We start with the dressing. Place fresh squeezed orange juice, avocado, green onions and salt and pepper in a blender. The trick here – the avocado makes the dressing creamy and full of flavor.
- We are using fresh sliced strawberries in this salad and then sneaking some raw asparagus in it too! Use a vegetable peeler to peel long strips of the asparagus and then slice the tips. This technique keeps the asparagus sweeter and the tips give us good crunch.
- To serve, we toss the greens with our dressing, strawberries and asparagus. Top with sliced almonds and finish with crumbled goat cheese.
Spiced Crusted Salmon with Roasted Pepper Sauce
What you need: